Happy Birthday To Me!!!
November 8, 2009
21 random babbles on my 21st birthday:
1. Can’t sleep? Try reading Robin Smith’s Chemical Process Design and Integration. It works wonders, trust me.
2. Don’t believe in stereotypes. Not all blondes are bimbos as not all brunettes are smart. Hint: Manohara.
3. Gender equity is when a woman behind the wheel gets off with a simple smile.
4. Women are not as fragile as they were back in the 19th century. To tell you the truth, women were never and have never been fragile. Seriously. Try giving birth.
Not that I’ve tried that, but it’s either true or people are exaggerating it in the movies.
We don’t need you to take us home, thank you very much, except when it is 22:00. Neither do we need you to carry our things, except if those things are heavy.
Okay, no one says being chivalrous is easy. That’s why everyone seems to have stop trying.
5. Please do not. I repeat do not…try to figure out what a woman wants. The ability to understand the creature known as woman is completely an urban myth. Even women don’t know what they want most of the time.
6. Or maybe that’s just me. I’m just one sample of the vast population of women.
One very very very extremely moody sample.
7. There’s no such thing as “a type” when it comes to dating. You will most likely end up with someone completely different.
8. Boys will be boys. The only way to change a guy is if he is wearing diapers.
9. Shopping is the only therapy. Well, a venti Raspberry Mocha Chip Frappuccino does the trick, too, but Starbucks discontinue it, so…back to shopping!
10. The seaweed is only greener on someone else’s lake if you possess a really depressing mindset.
11. “Abraham took in strangers, and God was happy. Elijah disliked strangers, and God was happy. David was proud of what he was doing, and God was happy. The publican before the altar was ashamed of what he did, and God was happy. John the Baptist went out into the desert, and God was happy. Paul went into the great cities of the Roman empire, and God was happy. How can one know what will please the Almighty? Do what your heart commands, and God will be happy.” -Paulo Coelho in The Devil and Miss Prym-
So do what your heart commands, because God is in your heart.
12. The person who says “Anyone who can read, can cook” is a complete and utter idiot.
13. And what’s with the phrase “It’s like riding a bike”!!??
14. When a girl does something totally impulsive for a guy, they call her aggressive. and a slut. When a guy does something impulsive for a girl, they find him sweet. What’s that all about?
15. When a girl says she’s fine/she’s OK/she’s not heart-broken, she means it. Asking her over and over again how’s she doing, or showing even a teeny bit of pity, can lead to a bitch-slap. Seriously.
16. Guys can do romantic way better than girls…, and girls do revenge way scarier than guys. Give it a try if you don’t believe this.
17. Caffeine is great, whether or not they caused cancer, osteoporosis, and whatever disease they’re claiming it caused before deciding that it was tannin that caused it after all, not caffeine. Whatever. You’d probably get hit by a bus and die, so why not enjoy coffee before that happened? =p
18. Pause to think. Before you speak. Before you write things in your job application. They actually read it and ask you why you listed “persistence” as your strength and ask you to give an example of how persistence is your strength. Gawd…
19. You know you’re into someone when you broke into a lame-ass smile everytime you think about him/her, what he/she said or do, and you start smiling a lot.
20. Laugh a lot. They say it creates wrinkles, but those wrinkles will be there anyway unless you’re thinking about getting Botox injections, so why care.
21. Being happy is all there is. Life is awfully short, live it to the fullest! Explore, dream, discover. Defy gravity! Happy birthday to me! =))